Carlos Campos: Passion fo Fashion!
1. How did you begin as a designer?
My father was a tailor in Honduras, so I grew up around fashion and learned to sew at a very young age.
2. In the collection there is a lot of blue and triangles, how have these things inspired you?
I imagine fashion in the future to be more uniform in design, and I wanted to articulate this in the collection. By using a single colour I felt that this would be a more modern approach to this vision. I chose navy as I was inspired by night sky. The triangles were inspired by designs in the ponchos worn by the gauchos of South America.
3. Your presentation was very simple and to the point. How/why did you decide to keep it so simple ?
Life is complicated… why should your fashion
4. What was your favorite part about presenting at Industria Superstudio?
I loved the flow of the environment; it’s an iconic space that is such a part of New York fashion history.
5. How would you describe the Carlos Campos man?
A world traveler, well read, confident and capable in his work as well as his life outside of work… and he looks the part.
6. What would be your dream job if you weren’t a designer?
I’d be the goalkeeper for the Honduran National soccer team!
Interview by Ashley Walker
Photo by Marko Kalfa